It would be easy to see the first ingredient in this recipe and quickly discount it as something too good to be true. After all, fudge is one of those comfort foods that is almost supposed to make you feel guilty after you’ve eaten it, right? But, with the surprisingly rich and chocolatey flavor packed into this recipe, you can enjoy both the fudge and its healthier aspects, too—guilt free. In fact, this recipe is so delicious and healthy that there is no reason to keep your main ingredient a secret. Be prepared to impress both family and friends every time you make it!
- 3 ½ cups cooked black beans
- ¾ cup coconut oil (not Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4-6 drops Wild Orange oil**
- Leaving out the essential oil for now, blend all other ingredients in high-powered blender or food processor until smooth. Adjust sweetener to taste.
- Add Wild Orange oil and mix briefly.
- Spread mixture in 8x8 pan, pressing down firmly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Slice into squares and serve.
- Store in refrigerator.
**Alternately, you can substitute the Wild Orange oil for Peppermint, Cinnamon Bark, or Spearmint oil.